- 1 pound thick bacon, diced
- 2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (optional)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Suya Bros suya spice mix
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet, leaving the fat in the pan.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet with bacon fat, and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, suya spice mix. Stir to combine.
- Add the bacon back to the skillet and stir to coat in the mixture.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the mixture simmer for 30-45 minutes, or until the liquid has thickened and the mixture has a jam-like consistency.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- Once cooled, transfer the jam to a blender or food processor and pulse until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Store the jam in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
This jam is perfect for spreading on toast, adding to sandwiches, or serving as a dip for crackers or vegetables.You can also use it as a topping for burgers, pizza, or even mixed with your mac and cheese for a new twist.
You can also adjust the amount of suya spice to your taste.