- 1 pound (450 grams) thick-cut bacon
- 3 tablespoons Suya Bros suya spice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Place the bacon slices on the prepared baking sheet, making sure they are not overlapping. Brush each slice with a thin layer of vegetable oil. This will help the suya spice stick to the bacon.
- Sprinkle the suya spice evenly over both sides of the bacon slices, pressing it gently into the surface to adhere.
- Once all the bacon slices are seasoned, place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes flipping halfway through, or until the bacon is crispy and browned to your liking. Keep an eye on it as cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the bacon.
- Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the oven and transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off any excess grease.
- Allow the suya bacon to cool for a few minutes before serving. It can be served as is, or you can chop it into smaller pieces and use it as a topping for salads, burgers, sandwiches, or even in omelets.
Enjoy your delicious suya bacon!