For the chicken:
- 1 lb (450g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced or cut into small pieces
- 2 Tbsp of Suya Bros suya spice
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1-2 chipotle peppers
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro and green onion
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of chipotle chili powder
- 1 tbsp of cumin
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- Your favorite taco toppings, such as:
- Shredded lettuce or cabbage
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onions
- Shredded cheese (cheddar, Monterrey Jack, or any other you prefer)
- Chopped cilantro
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Salsa or hot sauce
In a bowl, combine the oil and Suya Bros suya spice
Add the sliced chicken to the bowl and toss well, ensuring the chicken is evenly coated. Cover the bowl and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
To make the Chipotle Crema, in a blender or food processor combine all the list ingredients and blend till smooth. Taste for heat and salt.
In a skillet or non-stick pan, heat some additional oil over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the marinated chicken pieces and cook until they are fully cooked through and slightly browned, approximately 6-8 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, warm the tortillas. You can do this by wrapping them in a damp paper towel and microwaving them for about 30 seconds or by heating them on a dry skillet for a minute on each side.
Once the chicken is done, it's time to assemble your chicken tacos. I suggest adding a simple mix of diced onions, cilantro, and lime juice
Feel free to adjust the seasonings and toppings according to your taste preferences. Serve the tacos with some lime wedges and extra suya spice on the side for an extra burst of flavor.