- 1 lb of either sirloin, chuck, or skirt steak cut thin
- Honestly it doesn't matter, get the cut of beef you can afford. If you want full enjoyment go for meat with good fat marbling
- 2 Tbsp of canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp of Suya Bros suya powder (30g)
- Bamboo skewer (optional)
- Soak for at least 45 mins before using
- This recipe scales nicely 2 Tbsp of Suya Bros suya spice : 1 pound of meat
- It is important to soak the bamboo skewer before hand otherwise they will burn on the grill or in the oven
- Gloves are recommended with using the "Extra Spicy" or "You Dey Craze" spice levels
- Please ensure you are cooking in a well ventilated area (preferably outside) if using "Extra Spicy" or "You Dey Craze" the spice will choke you.
- Cut beef into small chunks or thin slices.
- In a bowl, coat beef with oil
- Season with Suya Bros suya spice, ensure every piece is coated
- If using skewers, Thread the beef onto skewers, creating a flat and even surface.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Grill the suya for about 2-4 minutes on each side, depending on your desired level of doneness. The beef should be cooked through but still tender and juicy.
- Remove the suya from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes
Serve the Beef Suya skewers with sliced onions and tomatoes. Optionally, sprinkle extra Suya spice on top for an added flavor kick.